Saturday, December 19, 2015

UMARELA 2015 Heroes of Christmas Cheer

 
Here are my shots of last night's Umarela, the annual Christmas celebration for our university, UMAR Huatulco.  It was a wonderful time with great music and costumes, exactly what everyone needed this year as a recent tragedy at our university brought home the importance of celebrating life and friendships.   
 
I don't have as many pictures as I would have liked.  Most were too dark and blurry to be of any use until the Christmas tree on the left showed me how to adjust my camera a little better. 
 

Fortunately, the video turned out much better and I think I captured almost everyone.  If you were there, you'll probably find yourself if you look hard enough.

Ms. Marvel, Cruella De Ville, and Hawkeye






You have to respect the ingenuity of this man's costume.  His shield was made from the cage of a broken fan.


Here comes Manny the mammoth again.



I just love these well designed snowwoman costumes.  The matching hats were made from recycled cardboard.  Very clever.  The snowgirl on the left was the talented designer.


Lots of happy elves, the best kind.



It was great to see some of our graduates turn up for the event.  Sure, they're blurry but I'd recognize them anywhere.



I confess I got a bit lazy with the camera after the parade arrived at Parque Ruffino Tamayo.  I was too busy talking to cool people I haven't seen in a while.  Sometimes you  have to put the camera down and just enjoy the experience.


No comments: