Monday, September 21, 2015

New Ride: Vento Hot Rod Classic

 
That's a happy guy standing beside his brand new Vento Hot Rod Classic scooter from K Garage in Huatulco.
 


It's been more than a year since I surrendered the old Italika to the graveyard for parts.  I always knew I'd replace it but never felt in any hurry.  The bicycle was plenty for bombing around our little town.  A friend gave me a little canvas cooler to dangle from the handlebars.  The only thing I couldn't figure out was how to transport the boogie board.   That's not a problem anymore.

On the mechanics advice, I've been taking it easy and never driving it faster than 40 kmh.  A virgin bike has to be treated gently for the first 1000 km.  The needle has snuck up to 60 a couple of times.  You know how it is, coasting along, having fun and oops.  You get carried away a little.  The time will come when I can put it to the test but for now, it's all foreplay.

Alright!  Let's take it for a cruise.

        

 

No comments: